Melanie A. Haynes
- Family Law (divorce, custody, paternity, child support, protection from abuse and stalking) 100%
I am a family law attorney with over 18 years of legal experience, with the majority in divorce, paternity, custody and domestic law. I believe most cases are more successful if the case is resolved via agreement of the parties rather than trial and will use every tool possible to try to get a successful settlement; however, if that isn't possible I have experience with all levels of adversarial hearings including even the most complex custody disputes and divorce trials.
Prior to opening my own firm, I worked for the Johnson County District Attorney's Office as a prosecutor and was a police officer for five years prior to that. I also have experience as a pro tem Judge in civil and criminal courts.
Your case will be a priority with me and you will feel confident that I will be able to present your position in the most positive light possible. I firmly believe in paying attention to detail in all of my cases.
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- J.D. - 2004
- Washburn University, Topeka, Kansas
- B.S. - 1994
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Kansas, 2004
- Johnson County KS District Attorney's Office, Prosecutor, 2003 to 2004
- Johnson County KS Sheriff's Office, Deputy Sheriff, 1996 to 2002
- Johnson County Bar Association, Member, 2004 to Present